Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Maddie's First Christmas Eve!

I can't help but get a little melancholy today as I think back to a year ago...and how I felt knowing that Miss Maddie was on her way.  And here we are today - spending the day with my beautiful daughter!  I whispered to her tonight that there was NO better Christmas gift than her - and I meant it.  I've had people ask me what I want for Christmas this year...and there's really nothing in the world I could want - I have everything I need.  Sure...I would love a new (bigger) house, a couch and king size bed would be great....but a happy, healthy baby girl is the best gift of all. We are certainly blessed.  She won't remember this Christmas...but we'll have lots of pictures to remember her first Christmas. :) 

Maddie and I went to Meijer this morning to get a few last minute things...it's funny - whenever we go somewhere, just me and her, I tell her we're going on an 'adventure'. :)  Hopefully when she's older she'll get excited about mommy and Maddie adventures! :)  The rest of the day we just spent hanging out with her...she sat in her jumperoo for quite awhile while I wrapped gifts.  I would show her something we bought her - and then wrap it up.  I can only imagine what was going on in her head!  We had dinner tonight with Grandma, Grandpa and Great-Grandma Bob at Applebee's....one of our newer family traditions.  She's was pretty good - but so tired.  We don't like to take naps these days...and today she only had (3) 1/2 hour naps all day. :(

Here are some pics I've taken over the past week - including her official first portrait with Santa!
Breakfast with Santa
Westin Hotel
12/17/11

Outfit #1 for Christmas! :)
(including her rockin' santa diapers!)

Hanging out with Mommy - watching her wrap gifts!

Outfit #2 - Applebee's
"My First Christmas" onesie and jeans!

Christmas jammies on!  I'm ready for Santa!
(Check out the reindeer feet!)

Hanging with daddy....I have learned that I hate t-shirts on babies...
it kept riding up on her!


Merry Christmas my little Maddie Moo! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment