Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's Official! It's a GIRL!

I honestly think today was the best day of my entire life.  Really!  I have never felt what I felt today.  I've been so anxious for weeks...just wondering if everything was going "right" and if he was a she or vice versa.  And now?  We know! :)  She's doing just fine - and she is a SHE! 

I started out this morning (after a small amount of sleep) with a Chik-Fil-A *spicy* chicken biscuit and some Coke.  Just to make sure the little one was up and moving for the ultrasound.  Dad, Mom and Grandma all joined us for the big event...and I would not have it any other way.  Such a special moment in my life - and I wanted them to all be part of it! 

When she first started the ultrasound, baby was all curled up in a tight little ball. :)  So the tech jiggled her a bit to get her to open up - and *wake* up evidently.  She finally did open up a bit - and we got to see what we needed to see! :)  She's so awesome...and it's such a amazing thing to see her on that little TV screen - staring right back at you.  Like she's thinking "um, can I help you?  Trying to sleep in here!"  She weighs 11 ounces right now...and has "long skinny legs" and "her tummy is bigger than her head"! :)   All the good stuff looks "good" as well - heart, lungs, kidneys, brain...even got to see the blood as it flowed thru the umbilical cord.  Just A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.  Seriously.

She asked when we first came in if we wanted to know what the sex was.  Um, YES!!!  We were a bit impatient as she did the first "tour" - "here's the head...the ear....the leg...." Yeah, yeah, yeah...what IS it?!  We all yelled out in excitement when she said a GIRL!   I did tear up - but in fear of beginning to sob and being unable to let her finish the rest of the ultrasound I kept it to a minimum. :)

And so, Madison Johanna Moore is officially 19 weeks and 6 days old.  Almost half way there - and I honestly cannot believe how blessed we are.   Let the second half begin!

Waiting on Dr. Perkins...and sharing one of our ultrasound pics!   I love this picture...I look like I'm *glowing* :)

Derrick calling his mom to give her the good news! :)
Here's where it will all go down!  Watch out St. Francis!  They will never be the same after July 2011!
We bought out all of the *pink* donuts at Dunkin' Donuts to bring to the office! :)
My boss had decorated my door with a blue and a pink sheet of paper...
then when she saw it was a girl - made the additional sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment